gnu gnome ggone

Help.

I have downloaded the latest 4.2v of the XFree86 and installed it so that at least now I have a screen to work with... but of course there's one more little rub.

Although I have a "graphical" interface and can select KDE or Gnome it opens a "session" window that is set to "default" since there is no other setting to select it opens then to a colorful xterm screen but no desktop.

I tried reinstalling all the gnome RPM's from my 7.2 Redhat disks but no luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks

vg