Galeon: problems editing text boxes

I'm using Galeon from Debian unstable (Galeon 1.0.2 / Mozilla 0.9.7).

Has anyone else noticed that mouse editing (cut/paste/select/cursor
placement) in the text boxes is very whacked?  Is this fixed in a later
version?  Is it a Galeon problem or a Mozilla problem?

By "whacked" I mean lots of things; some examples:

  * I can't select text properly sometimes; it selects some very bizarre
    set of text which is not what my mouse has dragged over.

  * Sometimes when I double-click or triple-click, it doesn't select the
    right stuff; for example it'll only select from the start of the
    line to the click location, not the whole line, etc.

  * In a larger text box, if I have a blank line in the middle of the
    text I can't click next to it to put the cursor there.  Often I
    can't even click at the end of the previous line!  I have to click
    in the middle of the previous line, then use arrow keys to move the
    cursor.  Sometimes this happens with non-blank lines, too, I think,
    but it's _very_ common with blank lines.

  * Very often when I want to paste (using mouse-2), the paste happens
    where the cursor is and not where my mouse pointer is when I click!

  * Sometimes even if the cursor is in the right spot, the text is
    pasted in the wrong spot.  For example if the cursor is on an empty
    line and I click mouse-2 next to it on the same empty line, it will
    paste 10 lines above that.  It seems to paste the _last_ place the
    cursor was, or something weird like that.

This is truly annoying, especially since I'm working with a Wiki a lot
these days which means I'm editing text in text boxes a lot.

Anyone else seen this or have any thoughts about it?

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith nortelnetworks com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools