Re: a nice touch from kde's kicker

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:19:14PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> > really like the way that in this screenshot kicker puts the program icons
> > on a separate background color than the text, this seems to make the menu
> > more readable to my eye.  What do people think of this from a useability
> > standpoint?
>
> I don't think it works, personally... it completely breaks the
> relationship between the icon and the associated text, IMHO.  If any
> sort of extra visual effect is needed in menus (and I'm not convinced

I guess I'm different - Personally, I'd like to lose _all_ the menu
icons completely and just go with minimal text on the menus... Plus, I
have to believe the menus will paint faster that way.

|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  len philpot org     len_philpot hotmail com (alt)  |