Re: a nice touch from kde's kicker

> I just wanted to throw this little piece of food for though out there, I
> really like the way that in this screenshot kicker puts the program icons
> on a separate background color than the text, this seems to make the menu
> more readable to my eye.  What do people think of this from a useability
> standpoint?

Well, to my eye it makes it less obvious that the icons are individually
associated with the text entries - cumulatively they look like some sort
of decorative sidebar that's unrelated to the menus themselves. Sort of
like the "Windows 98" or "Windows 2000" text (on a blue background) that
runs up alongside the Start menu in those MS operating systems.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering