Re: New to Gnome 2.0

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:02:23PM +0100, Stefano Incontri wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just downloaded and installed Gnome 2.0 on a Slackware distro.
> It's really nice, but I have a couple of questions :
>
> 1) How to disable fonts anti-aliasing? As per default, I'm not able to
> find a good font to be used in the Gnome Terminal!

Look for the GDK_USE_XFT setting (probably in
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Gnome or something like that).  1 = anti aliased,
0 = non-anti aliased.

> 2) How to configure advanced options in Metacity? For example, I'm not
> able to make gkrellm skip the windows list and sticky.

There are no advanced options.

> 3) How to go back to Sawfish (in case I'm not able to configure Metacity

At your terminal run:

killall metacity ; sawfish

Hope that Helps!

alan
--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches