Some questions about GNOME

Hi

I don't know if that's the right list but I have some questions about GNOME
desktop:

 - Is it possible/will it be possible have an option to align icons on a
"grid" on the desktop ?

 - Why is the Desktop location (.gnome-desktop) hidden ? Why not defaut to
~/Desktop or simply ~/ ? Will there be a shortcut to it in upcoming GTK files
dialog ?

 - Is there / will there be an applet to hide/show all the windows ? I think
it's very useful feature.

Thanks for answering me and sorry if those questions have already been
answered here but I'm quite new to GNOME.

--
Julien Olivier