Re: How use GNOME/GTK+ Internacionalization stuff ?

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:33:38PM +0100, Ole Laursen wrote:
> Fernando Alencar Maróstica <famarost unimep br> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I want internacionalization this code:
>
> Are you using autoconf/automake? Then you lack a
>
>  #include <config.h>
>
> If not, you probably need to
>
>   #define HAVE_GETTEXT 1
>
> or something like that. Some header somewhere looks at whether
> HAVE_GETTEXT is defined and either defines _(s) to "gettext(s)" or
> just "" if it is not defined. Or something like that. :-)

Blowing my own trumpet a little bit here, but if you check out the
gnome-devel-docs module from GNOME CVS, there is an i18n developer's
guide in the tutorials/i18n/C directory. Change to that directory and
run

	mkdir html && xsltproc -o html/ i18n-guide.xml

(this assumes you have a working xslt install and valid Docbook
stylesheets).

I know some people will argue that this document should be somewhere
convenient like on the web, but I'm haven't gotten around to that yet.

Malcolm

--
Tolkien is hobbit-forming.