Re: altering saved sessions

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:03:38AM -0500 or thereabouts, Ian Timshel wrote:
> Hi all.
> 	I'm running Gnome 1.4 using Enlightenment with Red Hat 7.2
> I once used the "save session" feature and now I'd like to stop
> those programs from starting when I start Gnome.
>
>   Please tell me how this is done...

control-center -> session properties and start-up programs.

That gives you the right section. It opens on the session
options tab. Click the startup programs tab.

If the programs are in the "non-session-managed startup programs"
list, delete 'em there. If not, go to "browse currently running
programs". That button is probably at the bottom. You'll get
a list of programs which are running. Select one, and check that
it says "normal" in the style box at the top. If it doesn't,
change it back to normal. If it's on "respawn", then as soon as
you kill it, it will restart. Click remove. Repeat for each
program you want to lose.

Then save the session before you exit. You can wait for the
logout box with the "save current session?" checkbox. Or you
can just type "save-session" at a terminal prompt.

Some of these buttons have slightly different names in different
releases of Gnome and of distros. Some distros don't have the
"save current session" option when you logout. Experiment :)

Telsa