Re: Gnome Development

good luck!

-Joschi

James Drabb wrote:

Hello group,

I wanted to see if I can get any tips on contributing to GNOME
development.
I have been a programmer for the dark side for 5 years and I have been
using
Linux for 3-4 years.  I have done some Linux/Solaris C/C++ development
here
at work, however for the time being most development is on Windoze.  Are
there any docs that tells one how to start helping out with GNOME?  Does
one check GNOME out of CVS and just make changes and check it in?  Or
should I send patches?  What is the preferred diff command for GNOME?
What
are some good development tips for GNOME (i.e. check out cvs, make
changes,
compile, change the path, start new gnome, etc.).

As you can see, I have tons of question and I would really like to
contribute and use my talents to help gnome get better.

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away