Re: Gnome2 still unable to use user installed True Type fonts

Hi Mark,

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 00:23, Mark C wrote:
> If I don't export GDK_USE_XFT="1", then Gnome2 sees all my install TT
> fonts, but they look flippin awfull.

	That's because you're using the X server to render them instead of
doing client side rendering;

	Looking at my system I see it pokes:

		/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig

	but I've no idea about a raw freetype setup.

> Anyone seen this or know a work around?

	Is it possible your X server doesn't support Xrender ? if so, you'll
need Keith's fcpackage.rc1 stuff - see http://www.keithp.com/ somewhere
in the fonts stuff. Also HEAD gtk+ and pango, then you'll get pretty
typography.

	HTH,

		Michael.