gdm and XDMCP

Hello everybody,

I've configured and old PC running RedHat 5.2 as an X terminal, and I'm
trying to run an X session on a more recent machine running Mandrake 8.1
and gdm. I enabled XDMCP in the configuration file of gdm
(/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf). I can see with command netstat -a that UDP port
177 is opened, but gdm doesn't reply to XDMCP requests, which I can see
with tcpdump.

It works ok when I use xdm, but I'd prefer to use gdm (or kdm for that
matter, but this one doesn't even listen on port 177).

Did anybody see that problem before?

--
Denis Laroche
244 Des Oeillets