Where is gnome.h?

Hi,
I am learning to program in the GNOME environment. I
am however unable to find "gnome.h" or "gnome-config"
file. I have installed the "gnome-core" and
"gnome-lib" RPMS. I have RedHat 7.0 Linux and a PIII
machine.

I find the other header files like "gtk.h,"
"gtkwidget.h", etc. present in the /usr/include/gtk
and /..gdk/ directories, but "gnome.h" is missing. And
the book I am using to learn employs this header file.

Could someone help me in this.

Regards,
Narasimhan.