Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome.

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 16:42, Sander Vesik wrote:

> Have you considered that this is gnome, not linux kernel or automountr
> project?

It is a gnome issue, not a linux issue.  Linux users useing linux as a
server are not going to have a problem with mounting disks etc, but
grannys and other average non-geeks are not going to understand it.

Just as I had a problem when I switched to windows with it's not knowing
if there was a floppy in the drive (The amiga knew, great that was)

I guess gnome needs to adopt an automount system rather than leaving it
up to the distros.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss