Re: Removing panel

It's a bit difficult to get rid of the GNOME panel, since the panel by
default doesn't let you kill the last panel in existance.

In reality, it isn't all that memory heavy.  if you don't want to use
the panel, then don't log into GNOME.  Log right into sawfish or icewm
or whatever your window manager is.  GNOME apps will, of course, still
work perfectly fine.

Sean Etc.