Missing task buttons

I just noticed that I'm missing the "task" buttons on the bottom
panel when I run a program.  There were there before and now they
never show up which makes it a little more difficult to restore a
minimized window.  Running latest Ximian Gnome with their
standard panels setup.  Any suggestions on what to look for to
correct this?

Thanks.

-----
   "What is, is what?"

   "When the mind is free of any thought or judgement,
    then and only then can we know things as they are."

David Williams - Computer Packrat
dlw trailingedge com
http://www.trailingedge.com