Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome.

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 12:39, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> George Farris <george gmsys com> writes:
> > We need to fix this, supermount looked like it might be the way to go
> > but I haven't seen it be reliable under heavy use.  What can we do?
>
> Someone has to sit down with Nautilus and the operating system, and
> figure out the right UI, and then figure out how to implement it, and
> then do so. Just a matter of doing the work...

I would converse with Juan Quintela <quintela mandrakesoft com> from
MandrakeSoft. He is massively hacking on improving supermount (basically
he rewrote it) and someone else on the Mandrake Cooker is apparently
working on a supermount2. He is hoping to get it read and stable enough
some day such that Linus might accept it into the base kernel.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org