Problem with X terminals and some users.

Hello!

I have a problem with X terminals and some users since I have installed
Linux-RH 7.1 systems on  new (intel) machines.

For some users, after a correct login, and about 10 seconds of connection,
the display seems to lock: no exactly lock, but turns to be extremely
slow: with mouse moving only step by step every one or two seconds...

Sometimes a message appears saying that "saveyouself" has a problem. Then
everything is locked.

But:
-this appears only on the newly installed machines, not on a machine
upgraded from RH6.2 to RH7.1 (and consequently upgraded from sawfish to
sawmill);
-this does not appear for users who have used gnome +sawmill on the RH6.2.

I have tried to copy the directories .gnome* of the "old" users, to the
ones with problems: this doesn't cure the problem...

On the console, everything seems to work well for everybody...
All the upgrade packages of all the RH7.2 systems have been installed on
all the machines...

Any idea? it's a bit desesperating...
--
Thierry Dumont. MAPLY (Maths Appliques de Lyon-UMR 5585 CNRS).
Univ. Lyon I,43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 - Villeurbanne Cedex - France.