Re: Getting Gnome working....

Tod, Simon R wrote:

Hi,
Hope you can help me out with this. I recently bought a laptop with Debian
Linux (potato) pre-installed on it, though have plenty of past experience
with UNIX I've got it running WindowMaker as a window manager. My desktop
just looks blank apart from a paperclip symbol in the top left hand corner
for switching between workspaces, and a couple of icons in the top right
hand corner (all the icons are squares) do start such things as an xterm.
Right clicking the mouse anywhere on the desktop brings up a menu, from
which I can open the Gnome control centre, among other things, but I don't
know where the Gnome panel and everything else. I guess it must be running
KDE at the moment or something... So how do I get Gnome up and running...?
Thanks in advance,
Simon.