What Gnome really needs

Hi @ll,

I'm using Gnome, and I'm really satisfied with it, it's stable, it's
faster than KDE, but 3 things are really missing in general,
which makes Gnome not the first choice for newbies.

As far as I can see (Gnome-1.4.1) this is not implemented:

1. To change the root icon Font color in the Control Center not via
gtkrc.mine
Wonder if none else had thoughts about this, but my first thought when I
changed the Background to a dark blue was
howto to change the root icon Font color to a brighter color (white)?

2. Changing the Root Icon Fonts size in Control Center, ever saw Gnome
using RedHat 7.1 at 1024x768 ?
I have not found out this until today, how to adjust the Font Size for
the Root Icons.

3. I have compiled the GnomeCore-1.4.1 on my own, now despite of that
the Mandrake menus are still existing,
I got RedHat (empty) as Distribution menus, I have not found out yet
howto get the Mandrake Distribution Menus back at the top level
of the Gnome Menu (The Foot Main Menu). I could only include them in the
sublevel of Programs. But you could not get rid ot the RedHat (empty)
Menu and Have Mandrake Menu there instead. As far as I know my config
files are set correctly.

Carsten

P.S. I'm using Mandrake 8.0 at home and RedHat 7.1 at work.
--
Registered Linux User #228992