Re: Querying bugs in bugzilla

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:49:13AM +0100, Shane OConnor - Sun Ireland wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place - can anyone tell me if there is a
> way to get textual output from bugzilla (when querying for bugs
> logged) as opposed to static html? I want to write a script that will
> query bugzilla and then summarize the results returned.

Have at the output of a http://bugzilla.gnome.org/xml.cgi query.

You can just call this directly
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/xml.cgi?id=0123) and the returned results are
in XML. Note, however, that elements like <thetext> have their contents
base-64 encoded.

> And even better than getting textual output would be read access to
> the bugzilla tables - am I chancing me arm now?

Since that would require direct access to the machine, you probably want
to talk to somebody on the bugmaster gnome org mailing list.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...