Re: gnome-libs Solaris compilation sadness

On Tuesday, October 02, 2001 09:29:29 -0500, lists jinx unknown nu wrote:
+----
| Actually, I tried Mr. Lierman's suggestion and just replaced the libtool
| completely with the current one from GNU and it solved all my problems.
| Thanks to all. They really ought to put a non-broken libtool in with
| gnome-libs... I'll submit a bug report soon.
+--->8

The problem is finding a truly non-broken libtool for Solaris... I keep a perl script around to fix the ! $#%^&* 'pass_all' bug (really the lack of same) in any copy of libtool or ltconfig it can find in a directory tree because the libtool maintainers persist in leaving it broken (yes, yes, I have reported this several times; the local Solaris experts are of the opinion that the libtool maintainers are full of ****).

--
brandon s. allbery    [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator       [WAY too many hats]         allbery ece cmu edu