Re: edit mime-types?

On 24 nov 01, ZekeVarg wrote.....

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> Subject: edit mime-types?
> From: ZekeVarg <ZekeVarg linux se>
> To: Gnome-list <gnome-list gnome org>
> Date: 24 Nov 2001 19:17:52 +0100
>
> How do you change mime-types/aplications? I've tried to change wich
> aplications should open diferent mime-types with gnomecc, but it just
> won't work, still the same. And changing icons dosen't work either, how
> do I edit it manualy?
> Zeke

I waited for some helpful replies.. but none came :-(

I have the same problem.  gnomecc will let me make the changes, they appear
on the mimetypes list, but it just ignores them.
Next time I enter gnomecc, my changes are not even on the list.

Another  problem which may be related - default editor does not load the
file when I right click on a file in gmc.
It gets the correct directory, but no file loaded.
Same effect with all editors I tried - emacs, gedit etc - vi works
perfectly.

Seen this on 2 completley different systems - RH 7.1 on my desktop & built
from latest stable source on my laptop

Peter Bunney