Re: Don't want new window when mounting CDs.

--- John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 05:47:01PM -0800, Tom wrote:
> > I can't find it (yes, I do have Nautilus). Can you tell
> > me the exact program to run (or better yet, the file to
> > edit) to fix it?
>
> From the foot menu:
> Settings->peripherals->CD properties
>
> Uncheck the box that says "Open file manager window
> for newly mounted CD's".
>
> (You also can get there by typing "preferences:" in
> the Nautilus location bar. Choose "peripherals", the
> "CD properties" and it'll get you to the same place
> as the above foot menu stuff.

Something has gone wrong.

The foot menu has:

Start Here
Programs
Favorites
Applets
Run
--------
Panel
--------
Log out

Programs->Settings->Peripherals only has Keyboard and
Mouse.

The Nautilus  "preferences:" window also contains an
entry for Peripherals. Selecting it gives Keyboard and
Mouse entries as befor which work as normal, and a
third (recursive?) entry also called Peripherals.
Trying to open that one  gives me an error "Nautilus
has no installed viewer capable of displaying
"preferences:///Peripherals/.directory".

See why I would rather edit a text file? :)

Tom