Re: Accessing GNOME

Dear Ben,

	appologies for not getting back sooner but I wanted to answer you from
within Evolution in Gnome accessed via KDM.

	By the fact that I'm answering you can see that I succeeded.  As you
say the solution was to sue 'gnome-session'.  All I had to do was (as
root) change kdms available sessions to replace gnome with gnome-session
and it all worked beautifully.

	I must say that Ximians' help was non-existent on this and the new gdm
was less than helpful with the keyboard problems, which apparently have
been reported elsewhere.  But now I'm here i'm very pleased to get
involved.

Thanks again,

Jim