Re: menu bar

On Fri, 18 May 2001, An-Dee wrote:

>   I am very new to here. I have 2 questions.
>   There was a menu bar in the bottom of the screen, but I chosed
>   logout and it disappeared. How can I get it back?

Go into a terminal and restart the panel with the following command:
$ panel &

>   This is not related to gnome but i need help.
>   How can I make the default handler of html files the opera brower
>   (eg. there is a link on the desktop debian site or mirror, and when
>   I click on it, it starts with netscape instead of opera)

In the control center there is an URL-handler capplet. The default for
http is gnome-moz-remote (which actually starts netscape). Substitute this
with our favourite html viewer. Personally I use 'galeon "%s"', where %s
the URL is.

   Jens