Re: [HC Support] Re: Gnome 1.4 Woes

> Werner Puschitz wrote:

> > > Do you run sawfish? If so, under the sawfish options in gnomecc there is
> > > are checkboxes for "automatically remember window positions" and "...
> > > window sizes", probably under Placement. May be that you need to turn on
> > > advanced settings for sawfish (in section Meta), too. I think that
> > > should help, but haven't verified it myself.
> > >

> > No, this doesn't help at all. All my sawfish options are set to
> > automatically remember window positions, sizes etc. As soon as I logout
> > and login again, all xterm windows are moved to the first virtual
> > desktop/screen. I usually update my Ximian desktop once every month and
> > this problem started about a half year ago.
> > This week I will move my desktop from RH 6.2 to RH 7.1 and maybe this
> > problem will go away.
> >
> > Werner
>
> Greetings,
>

> Same problem with me.  I never figured out why this happens.  Is there
> a bug report for this problem?  I upgraded recently from RH 6.2 to
> RH 7.0 and that did not help.  I will eventually upgrade to RH 7.1.
> Hopefully it will fix it.

I think the real question is what version of sawfish are you running,
not what version of Redhat.  If you have the latest sawfish and are
still experiencing the problem, I'd file a bug report if there's not
one already.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
make it shorter.
                -- Blaise Pascal