Re: foobar (menubar) suggestions

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 10:43:19PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > This is utterly hard to fix actually.  You should look at the fun stuff the
> > icons are doing to achieve this.  I have in mind a couple of similar extreme
> > hacks for the tasklist but I haven't gotten around to implementing them.
>
> What if the panel proxied any clicks on the pixels below an applet to
> the applet's window? So the applet would just think its window was a
> bit larger than it is.
>
> No doubt there are complexities involved...

This one of the extreme hacks i was thinking of actually.  This has the
advantage of working with all applets and the disadvantage of perhaps
confusing behaviour sometimes (clicks appearing to happen a few pixels off
where the user clicked, etc...)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses,