Gnome through x windows?

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Unix, and I need some help before I start on this
task..  I would like to know if Gnome can be pulled up through an x server
for Windows such as Exceed?  I have a Sun Netra X1 at home with no
framebuffer and I'd like to have an x desktop pulled up.  We use HPOV pulled
through Exceed at work, and I know this is possible with plain x windows,
but I'm not sure if Gnome will work.  Also any help with getting a regular x
desktop pulled up would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Garza
  Network Analyst
  Getronics ICTC