Re: What are gconf and liboaf and where do I get them?

BK> GConf-0.50.tar.gz and oaf-0.6.5.tar.gz, both can be found in one of
BK> these locations :

BK> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/latest/sources
BK> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/latest/sources

Thank you, I found both in unstable directory. Gnome ftp.gnome.org doesn't
let me in so I used ftp.yggdrasil.com mirror. I just thought that since I
got gnome-vfs from stable directory it shouldn't rely on anything I can't
get from a stable directory... Maybe I am wrong.

BK> But didn't the configure-script complain about that?

It complained about gconf, said nothing about oaf. The gconf error wasn't
critical too so configure script didn't stop and I assumed that I can build
gnome-vfs without gconf and oaf. It looked like this:

checking for gconf-config... no
checking for GCONF - version >= 0.9... no
*** The gconf-config script installed by GCONF could not be found
*** If GCONF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GCONF_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gconf-config.
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes

Gregory