Re: error compiling gnome-libs

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:41:23PM -0500 or thereabouts, Roberto Moral wrote:
> > Hello and sorry if I am asking something that was asked before I am new to
> > this list. I am trying to compile gnome on a SUN Ultrasparc 5, actually
> > upgrading from Ximian's code, I get this error when trying to complie the
> > gnome-libs 1.2.12
> >
> > checking for __db185_open in -ldb-3... no
> > configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode

	Sigh.  I just went through this exercise on my laptop.  After I
checked that sleepycat was up to date with the compatability option I
still got that.   I then buggered the configure script to dummy out the
db185 tests.  Then you have to check the Makefiles and make sure that
-ldb is in all the library lists.  Once the lib is installed, to get the
rest of gnome to compile (link actually) you have to edit gnome-config
(the executable, wherever it gets put, as I configure with --prefix=/usr
it was in /usr/bin) you go to the libs section and add -ldb -- I basically
inserted it after wherever I found an "-ldl".
	Another heads up is that you will need a recent "popt" package
(not a gnome package) to get GConf to compile.
	I'm tempted to put up a page explaining these steps but in reality
that pretty much covers the low-lights.

								-- TWZ

| Copyright 2001 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence w zellers pobox com   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
| A means of adding pith or humor to email: patent pending                |