Re: Three stupid questions

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Pim Schellart wrote:

> 1. How can I change the gdm background image?

Look into /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default (or create it if it's not there). This
is a simple shell script which is called at startup. E.g. I use:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/xsetroot -solid "#5971a5"

to set a solid background color. But you can also use xv or another
program to set a background image. Some people start the matrix
screensaver on the root window.

> 2. How can I delete top level submenu's in the panel? (the applets menu
> for instance)?

Right click on the foot icon and select 'properties' then. This opens a
nice configuration dialog, which is propably what you want.

> 3. (enlightenment question) When enlightenment starts with the blue
> steel theme you can see the progress bar and the two bars in the
> middle but the rest is gray (like when you only start X and not a
> window manager) it starts normaly so there isn't a real problem but I
> want the graphics to look good to :-)

Sorry, don't use enlightenment.

Regards,
   Jens