Re: Question re: evolution/nautilus

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> My question is why can't nautilus and evolution WORK on the same computer when
> both are installed.

I'm more than a little frustrated by this continuing complaint.

If you want to use unstable software that's still under heavy development,
you should expect it to behave like unstable software that's still under
heavy development.

In this case, as has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, the problems
come from the mix of bonobo, Nautilus and Evolution, all of which have
been under heavy development and have been rapidly changing, making it
difficult to create a snapshot where all three worked well together at any
one time. That is changing.

If you want stable software, wait until the developers have finished
writing it.

Cheers,

John