Re: Anybody got a clue? I certainly dont....

"William P. Hewitt" wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I am trying to remove the "Red Hat Menus" submenu from my gnome
> panel main menu - the applications it lists are either duplicates or not
> used, but I cant seem to find the global XML files that define the
> entities therein. (Everytime I remove them from .gnome, they magically
> reappear....) At the same time, they dont appear in gmenu for
> editing....
> I would also like to remove "Favorites" and "Run"... Does RH (Redhat
> 6.2) compile these things into the kernel or something, or am I just not
> a good enough investigator?
>     TIA and any advice/help/experience would be greatly appreciated...

No need to play with config files.

Right Click on the Foot menu
Select Properties...

You should be presented with a set of radio buttons describing whether
you want various menus on the main menu, in a sub menu, or off.  Select
off for the Favourites and Distribution options.

I'm not sure how you remove Run though. It's not a regular menu item; if
it were, you would be able to right click on it and select an option to
remove it.

Russ %-)

Enjoy,
Russ Magee %-)

Russell Keith-Magee
PhD Research Student
School of Computing, Curtin University of Technology
email: keithmag cs curtin edu au OR russ magee computer org
WWW:   http://www.cs.curtin.edu.au/~keithmag
Ph: +61 8 9266 2129    FAX +61 8 9266 2819
I'm pretending I'm pulling in a TROUT!  Am I doing it correctly??