Re: installer error

I got the helix-installer to run but then the install crashed with these
errors:

Installer extracted into/var/cache/helix-install/installer.
Running with arguments:

##
gtkhtml-WARNING **: Couldn't find keybinding file --
/gnome/share/gtkhtml/keybin
dingsrc.emacs

** WARNING **: Fatal transfer error: Transfer failed: Data connection:
Bad file descriptor.

gnome_segv: error in loading shared libraries: libesd.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: NO such file or directory
==>Cleaning up temporary files...done.
##

I have tried to install GNOME from the 6.2 CD but always got errors that
many, many '.so' files were missing.  I thought installing over the
internet would be different :(

thanks for any help.