Gnome hot keys

I have just installed Red Hat 7. During the install my mouse (MS two button)
was detected fine. However when time came to boot the sequence found new
hardware; a mouse. While running Xconfigurator the mouse would not respond
and on a boot to the Gnome desk I have frozen mouse syndrom as well.
I would like to fix this! I know of the control-esc hot key and a bit about
what tab will do but I need to get around the system like I had a mouse.
Could someone tell me the hot keys to do this or, of course, if someone
could tell me how to fix my mouse 'the easy way' that would be great.

thanx