Language Support

Hello,

I have just installed Gnome from the SuSE 7.1 distribution to have a look
at it.  I notice on the login screen, it is possible to change the
language but I tried changing it (to Spanish, as it happens) and it made
no difference.  I was not able to find any language support packages on
my CDs.  Do these exist?

Also, there is only one 'English' option on the list.  I know that this is
a minor point, but is there a way to specify British spelling?

Thanks,

Joe.