gnome + Xinerama + solaris -- GDK errors

Hello,

I am running Gnome on Solaris 8 sparc with two displays.  I've
gotten this to work by running two gnome-session's with the
appropriate --display argument, but this has quirks, so I wanted
to try it with Xinerama.

When I have xinerama enabled gnome-session will not startup and
produces the following errors.  fvwm2 and CDE work just fine
with Xinerama, only gnome fails.

-------
Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 1406 (gdk_window_get_visual): assertion `window != NULL' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c: line 57 (gdk_colormap_new): assertion `visual != NULL' failed.
SESSION_MANAGER=tcp/pdm1:53739

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 1406 (gdk_window_get_visual): assertion `window != NULL' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c: line 57 (gdk_colormap_new): assertion `visual != NULL' failed.
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
--------

I've made sure both displays are running at 24bit and at the same resolution (though
fvwm and CDE don't seem to require same resolution be used).

My setup is an Ultra10 with the onboard adapter plus a creator 3 adapter.

>gnome-config --version
gnome-libs 1.2.13

>gtk-config --version
1.2.10

>gdk-pixbuf-config --version
0.11.0

Here is my Xsun line that enabled Xinerama..

:0    Local local_uid console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner +xinerama -ar1 250 -dev /dev/fbs/ffb0 defdepth 24  -dev /dev/fbs/m640 right

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Phillip Moore    | Cluster Administrator
pdm inktomi com  | "If you don't know what you're doing,