Re: Gnome canvas slow

Remi Cohen-Scali wrote:

Oweb Taylor from redhat posted this patch to address that issue:

not Oweb but Owen Taylor  (sorry, stutterer fingers :-)

refers to:
http://lists.eazel.com/pipermail/nautilus-list/2001-July/004685.html

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

I am using the Gnome canvas in gcompris
(http://gcompris.sourceforge.net).
I have some performance concern with it when moving object, it eats way
too much CPU. It seems that it become worse when the moving pixmaps are
bigger.
Is there some trick to implement so that I could optimized my code ?
Note that gcompris is often used in scools on old computers through X11
network connection and this also make the performance critical.

--
Bruno Coudoin
ANFORA - http://www.anfora.fr