Re: Connecting internet with Gnome Redhad 6.2

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:40:08PM -0000 or thereabouts, Philippe Doucet
wrote:

[This was in HTML, and my mailer is refusing to quote it, sorry, but
it was a "connecting to the net with RH 6.2 and Gnome" question]

The applications you want to try are mostly on the Gnome foot menu:

rp3 (Programs->Internet->RH PPP Dialer)
gnome-ppp (Programs->Internet->PPP dialup utility)

There are commandline utilities for this. I have never tried to set
up this: all I can remember is that a package called wvdial is
involved. And that there are probably updates for this and possibly
rp3 on the RH site for RH 6.x.

KDE also has a tool for this. I have forgotten the name, but will
guess at kppp. If you installed both, you'll find a KDE apps menu
somewhere on the Gnome menu. I think. I don't have KDE so I can't
check.

Telsa