gnome-terminal and DEL key

Hello,

I'm running RH7.0 and I just installed Helix gnome yesterday. The first
thing I noticed was that my delete key in gnome-terminal doesn't work
anymore. Gnome-terminal had this problem way back, but it's been fixed in
the RedHat packages of gnome for some time now. What's the deal? I've
looked in the archives, and can't find anything recent on the topic (there
is some old stuff (Oct 2000) that talked about a problem with the helix
packages and said that helix was fixing it).

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so I'm sorry if I'm
in the wrong place.

Thanks,

Alan