gnome-terminal "xresources"

I'm new to gnome.  Using RH7 and most everything is fine, but I'd like to manipulate
gnome-terminal more than the simple options documented.  Specifically, I'd like to define
a keycombination that will allow me to scroll around in the buffer on a line-by-line
basis.  By default, SHIFT-PAGEUP/PAGEDN do what I want, but in units of pages. I want to
define SHIFT-UPARROW/DNARROW to do the same in 1 line increments.  In xterm this is an
easy insert into .Xdefaults, but I can find no analogous methods for gnome-terminal.  I
assume it is done with an entirely different mechanism, but I can't find the docs.  Any
help/pointers would be appreciated.

Jim
--
James W. Haefner
Department of Biology   Email: jhaefner biology usu edu