Re: gnome-libs configure problem (libz version)

problem solved!   missing  zlibg-dev

scud wrote:
Hi,
when trying to   ./configure

checking for inflate in -lz... no
checking for compress in -lz... no
configure error:
*** Incorrect libz version found. Please make sure you do not have an outdated libz.a or libz.so hiding in your X11 distribution or elsewhere on your system. Versions of libz with the compress and uncompress symbols are sufficiently recent to build GNOME. ***

my  libz.so.1.1.3  is the required version according to readme file (required 1.1.3)
I have searched for any other libz*  but none was found    (except  libzvt.so.2.2.6)

I don't know what to do. If you have encountered the problem or have an answer please help me.
Thanks   Jiri
_______________________________________________ gnome-list mailing list gnome-list gnome org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-list