desktop icon problem

i used to have shortcut icons on my desktop to a couple of programs (w/
RH 6.2) but since i upgraded to 7.0 those icons are no loger the icons i
wanted instead they are the icons for the desktop extension, and when i
want to change the icons through the preferences it doesn't let me, how
do i solve this so that i get my old icons back and be able to add  new
ones with out having to use the default desktop icon?
thanks
mark
--
2 + 2 = 5 for exessivaly large values of 2
	-someone i don't remeber who