Starting a program on a particular desktop.

Hello everyone.

Is there a way to specify which desktop you want a program's main window to
come up in when you start it via the command line or a shell script?  What I
want is to always get certain tasks going in the "lower right" desktop  when
I start an X session with Gnome.

Is this WM specific?  I'm using Sawfish.  Should I have asked the question on
a Sawfish board of list?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this asked before.  If it is in an FAQ, I apologize
and would appreciate a pointer.

Thanks,

Jim