odd problem that I and many other FreeBSD users are experiencing.

 When Gabber loads the beginning menu is displayed, but after you login it
segfaults with the following gdb backtrace...

#0  0x28c0e7a3 in getenv () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
#1  0x2881aa5d in guess_category_value () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1
#2  0x2881a36a in dcgettext__ () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1
#3  0x2881ab0c in dgettext__ () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1
#4  0x2881ab38 in gettext__ () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1
#5  0x28819ffe in gettext () from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.1
#6  0x80c0efb in GabberWin::OnSessionConnected (this=0x8390a00,
t= 0x838b200)
    at GabberWin.cc:302

This is Gabber 0.8.1, for the record. I thought that there was something
wrong with my gettext installation so I wrote a small getenv() test program
which is as follows...

#include <stdio.h>
main() {
  printf("HOME=%s\n", getenv("HOME"));
  }

This worked flawlessly, even compiled with the most absurd optimizations I
could think of.

I then decided that it may be the way gettext is implemented in Gabber so I
went and removed all the _()'s. This had no affect. It still segfaulted when
a gnome lib made a getenv() call.

I have talked with the Gabber Developers, some FreeBSD Developers, and some
GNOME Developers, but all our efforts have been unsuccessful.

I was hoping someone here could provide me with some more information, or if
they have had this problem before to help me solve it.

Thank you very much.

--
Erich Zigler