Re: Nautilus: Lord Of The Desktop

That's your WM.  Windows are in "layers" in most WMs, Nautilus is being
created in a layer that is higher than the panels.  Newer GNOME versions
have some options with panels to have them show over all windows.  Also,
any up-to-date GNOME-compliant WM should automatically handle the
situation.  If you're using Sawfish, make sure that is up to date.

Sean Etc.