Dual Head/TwinView, looking for info

	I'm sure this has come up a million times before, but I can't find
any docs for it.  Please point me to the right place.

	I've got a new Dell Inspiron 8100 with NVidia GeForce 2 Go.  It
has dual-out TwinView (which is now working under X).

	My problem is with the Gnome Panel.  It stretches acrossed both
monitors.  This is problematic for me for a couple of different reasons.

	I want the Gnome panel to behave like the WindowsXP start
bar--that is, stretched only acrossed the bottom of ONE monitor.  Is there
a way to configure that?  Is "Xinerama" required?  Does anyone have info
about this?

Thanks,
Derek