RedCarpet update fail

hi all,

I have linux SuSE 7.2

after updating GDM using redcarpet (now I have gdm-2.2.5.2-ximian.3) I
have several problems:

1. the configuration file seams to be deleted or moved to another
location, that is not used by gdm (I had configuration files into
/etc/opt/gnome/gdm but I find the same files into
/etc/opt/gnome/X11/gdm), I solve temporally the problem about starting
gdm copying the files from /etc/opt/gnome/X11/gdm to /etc/opt/gnome/gdm

2. if I start my linux box in graphic mode (SuSE use init 5 level) I
have no keyboard available (I cannot enter any text) but mouse works ok,
I I start linux in text mode (SuSE init 3 level)

I would to know which directory is the correct and how to select it, and
the other problem why keyboard do not work if I start in graphic mode

I am not sure if my ximian instalation have some element broken, is
there any way to re-install all again?

thanks a lot