Re: What is the purpose of ~/.gnome/.gnome-smproxy* files?

"John P. Verel" <jverel optonline net> writes:
> What is the purpose of the ~/.gnome/.gnome-smproxy* files?  I found if I
> delete them all, that gnome does not startup properly at next
> reboot.

Those files are used to save session information for applications that
don't support session management. If you remove gnome-smproxy from the
session using session-properties then they won't be created.

> However, they accumulate.  One could get hundreds of these littering
> up the place.  So, a cleanup strategy would make sense.

They are supposed to get cleaned when you save your session again
(saving new session state deletes the old session state).

Havoc