Re: Transparent panels.

Where have you seen transparent panels?  I used to see them all them
time in screenshots posted on the gnome site.

My panel _looks_ transparent but it's definitely not.  I use a pixmap
background for the panel.  My background size is 1280x1024.  The pixmap
I use for the panel is 1280x24 and it's the bottom 24 lines of the
background graphic.

Juan